From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Apr 1997 20:46:18 -0800
I would not recommend this to anyone.  Leave them with someone you care
about until you can bring them legaly.  However, I did it myself becuase I
could not stand being without my kids.  The oldest was 5 1/2 when we brought
her here and never a day without her I was.  I know how tough the decision
is and I know what it is like to agonize over it.  I also know the anger and
frustration at having to leave your kids behind.  I was not about to leave
mine either.

We drove in becuase we drove a moving truck.  5 miles outside the check
point we put all the kids in a smaller carrier on the top of all the stuff
in the truck and behind a box.  When they checked the van, the only asked us
if we had any food and something else, never if we had ferrets.  They never
saw them.

Since we have been here, two of our kids have passed over the Bridge.  We
have on remaining and in good health, Baloo is only about a year now.  We
have a wonderful vet who works well with us and our kids.  Baloo is only
about a year now.  We just wish we could add to the family.

To anyone moving here, think about it clearly.  It is not as easy as some
seem to think.  Regaurdless of how safe it looks, Baloo has never been
outside in his life because I fear he will be spotted and taken.  I may
over-protect him, but he is still here with us.  I hope the day comes soon
when we won't have to live in hiding anymore and Baloo can finally see what
grass looks like.

-MsPea (Who has plans for plastering LA with posters this weekend!!  =)