From:
kat parsons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Oct 2009 10:34:53 -0500
so....we need to get this fundraiser going again...Alicia really needs
the help...with so many oldsters causing the vet bills to
skyrocket...we need to raise more than just the web-page [which is
necessary for the education it provides AND the ongoing fundraising
needed]...funds...

we have come up with an idea to be able to use Paypal again... but we
would need help from some of you...

we came up with the idea of "selling" note cards.
ie:
$1.00 for 1 note card
$5.00 for 6 notecards
$10.00 for 6 notecards
$20.00 for 6 notecards
or
$50.00 for 6 notecards

with NO mention of a raffle...or fundraiser ANYWHERE...including the
web page...

i will change the web page...and the url since it says raffle in it...
and i will take all mention of raffle off the page...

i will keep taking pics of the afghan...but you will need to e-mail me
for pics...i still can not upload any pics to my site...
[looks like i may need to get a new webhost for myself!]

of course, you all know what would be going on behind the scenes...and
yes..i did not change the number of notecards with the higher amounts
on purpose...it just would not be cost effective...and this is not
really about selling notecards...

the PROBLEM is...
we need people to 'volunteer' to send me the notecards to send out to
the people...i really DO have to actually send out cards that are being
purchased.

i estimate we will need up to 120 cards...that allows for approx. 20
people buying 'notecard pkgs'....

so i do not expect anyone to donate all of them...

or if it would make the person/s feel better and not feel they are
over-donating...i have no problem with sending the info to them to
send the cards out as needed...that way they do not need to worry
about sending me too many cards...[if they did...i would, of course,
mail back any not used!]

so...if we get anyone interested in donating the ferrety notecards...
we can then get this fundraiser back off the ground...

i was also thinking of offering crocheted eggs or toys...but i just do
not have time to make them AND the afghan for the fundraiser...so if
anyone wishes to go that route...that will be fine also...

thank you all in advance...

if we are going to do this...we must have something to actually sell
to make it "legal"...

e-mail me at [log in to unmask] if you wish to help...

love,
kat
--
KAT
JUST PLAIN KAT

Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey
is all about.

"Blizzard" products......profits to go to SOS
http://ferretlover97.terrabox.com/blizzard/IMO-Blizzard.html

The SOS Christmas Raffle starts October 15th, 2009
http://www.supportourshelters.org/SOS-raffle.html

**Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. ... Leave
the rest up to God.