Date:
Tue, 14 Aug 2007 11:07:45 -0400
Hi all, hope all is well in the other fuzzie parts of the world. Here
in ABQ, we have officially adopted Odin, the Petco abuse/return fert.
He seems to have blended in great with my family, cats, dogs, MoJo
Man & Ricky. BUT, and that is capitalized for a reason...,....Artemus &
Zeus, seem to feel it is their duty to eat him. They have attacked and
bullied, and done all kinds of "not so nice" stuff. Prior to Odin, I
never heard a ferret scream. The first time he was "attacked" - he
screamed so loud, I thought someone was murdering a baby in my family
room!!! Now some of you may be used to this - but to me, it is totally
out of character for ANY of my fuzzies to attack. I do fostering and
adopting out for the animal shelters, and Petco's returns. My fuzzies
NEVER had any issues with any other fuzzy I brought into the mix. The
new kid is quite large, bigger than the other kids - and is part albino
and silver mitt. He actually has blue eyes, if you can imagine that. He
is about 8 months old. We cannot figure out for the life of us - why
the other ferts are attacking. Could it be because he is bigger and
younger??

It's especially hard on the other fuzzies now - because I have to now
split up play time. My kids, usually had run of the house - all day,
every day (providing that someone is here with them). Now I let Odin
and MoJo and Ricky out first, then swap after a couple hours. We do
that all day giving everyone about 8 hours outside of their condo. If
they are attacking - is it so they can establish the pecking order?
Or are they wanting him to fight back, or what? Any advice would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanking all you wonderful advice givers in advance,
Kim & Her Army of Idiots (+1)

Lord, help me to be grateful for what I have, and not greedy for what
I want.....