From:
"Holmquist, Maxwell R" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Oct 1996 11:25:51 -0500
Hi,
I regard to taking ferrets on planes and automobiles I is allowed.  You must
have a ferret carrier that will fit under your seat or in the overhead
compartment.  I have a carrier that I paid $12.95 for that is amde out of
very sturdy plastic and has sliding locking handles kind of like a
briefcase.  It opens in half and is made by Doskocil called cabin kennel.
It also has a good handle for carrying on top.  Note that this is considered
as a piece of carry-on luggage and is your own responsibility.  I know that
on airplanes you are not allowed to take your ferret out, but on trains it
is okay if you do not leave your seat with him/her.  I hope this helps!!!

        Sincerly and dooks!!!, MaxHolmquist

[Moderator's note: If it were only so easy.  Each carrier is free to make
up its own rules regarding most animals - some take none whatsoever (other
than guide dogs, of course).  Best to check *first*.  Of the big airlines,
Delta is ferret friendly.  Most are not.  BIG]