From:
Nancy Farlow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Aug 2001 15:15:42 -0400
>[Moderator's note: I think FedEx is great too, but note that Fedex GROUND
>is quite different -- FedEx basically purchased RPS and turned it into
>FedEx Ground.  I personally have more RPS horror stories than I do good
>experiences, so perhaps it will take a while until the ground services
>are up to usual FedEx standards.  BIG]

I've had a few deliveries arrive via FedEx ground, but most of my
experience has been with FedEx air.  I didn't realize FedEx ground was
formerly RPS, which didn't have such a great rep to begin with.  That's
probably where the horror stories are coming from.  I hope FedEx will
whip their ground service into shape, or they'll ruin their reputation
(if that hasn't already started to happen).

Nancy and critters

[Moderator's note: I contributed to it with my note (above), but I guess
we're starting to stray from the topic of ferrets here.  The Ferret Store
has a point to make too of course, and I'm glad to help them make it, but
even that is starting to stray... I hope the less ferret-related posts
about this can continue, but on alt.commoncarrier or something :-)  BIG]