From:
Ferret MOM <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Apr 2005 13:21:56 -0700
The time nears for us to leave and minutes are slipping away.  Thursday
evening my husband Roger and I ( Leizann ) are packing up the pickup and
pulling away from New Braunfels.  We will be St.Louis bound!!!!!

Today was the last scheduled vet visit & vacinations.  Cages have been
disinfected, laundry done and mended, extra supplies brought in.  The
list goes on.  Am I forgeting something?

It's getting scary.  Over the recent months the S.A.F.E. shelter
director, Candi White, has helped me cut down on the # of fosters staying
in my home.  Almost everyone got a foreverhome, a few were permanently
placed, and several I will keep.  This brings the business down to 9 and
I have never left them for 2 weeks.  Seperation anxiety is setting in.
How do I do it?  Will they survive?  Will I?

Thank goodness we will not have to bring all of Lynn Barker's stuff home.
Many of you will purchase it at the symposium.  Yes, that is a command.
I have to have room to bring my fuzzie's their surprises.

Already they are asking.  Will we get treats?  Toys for being good?  If I
don't nip the sitter, will I get a new hammie?  Just this morning a
Scuttle started over whom I would miss most !!

It will be may 3rd before I will sit back down at my computor and chat
with many of you that will not be at the symposium.  I will miss you,
miss your posts and opinions.

The things4feritz store will have a vacation also.  The other shelters
can pick up the eBay slack, I am sure.  Wed. PM will be the last P.O.
trip.

If you are willing to get a phone call or have a cup of coffee while we
are traveling, please email me.  I would like to stop at a few shelters
along the way, if time permits, for a dook or 2.  Route will be Dallas,
OK City, Tulsa then on to Mo.  Thur. I am meeting a dear ferret friend
in Ava and on to St.Lo.  Hope to see you there.

Dooks and blessings from ferret mom

Leizann Michele Engelke
1086 River Rock
New Braunfels, Texas 78130