From:
John Gordon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Feb 1999 00:32:09 -0600
The Good News is that Dee's Jack and Jill have returned to solid poopies,
the technical term for excrement ;-), and Lucky's is nearly totally firmed
up.  Lucky was Slinky's cage partner for over 2 years and she was probably
the most stressed with his loss.  We ended up using the 1/16th of a
chewable Pepto-Bismol tablet ground up and mixed with Nutrical for Jill
(who is our little "give it to Mikey"), Nutrical/Ferretone for Jack who
required more coaxing and (nearly) 1 drop of Ferretone per grain of Pepto
in a silver spoon for Lucky to turn her nose up at.  She really misses her
Slinky.

Now if I could only find the medicine to mend Dee's broken heart...

I'm still trying to find the time to personally thank those who sent
condolences for Slinky's trip to the bridge and now also my thanks are
overdue for those of you who were kind enough to send the dosages for
Pepto-Bismol and other suggestions.  I promise each of you will get a
personal message.  This is just a very hectic time in our lives and time to
do this is usually after midnight and dog-tired.

Here in Pekin, Buddy has become the big bully ferret.  Everyone else is
getting along nicely.  Hillary and Baby Girl seem to have worked out their
differences about Bill.  Basically, Hillary sleeps with Leroy and allows
Bill to sleep with Baby Girl.  This leaves Hershey to play with Buddy.
Buddy isn't particular who he picks on.  Anyone that will return the fight
is fair game.  It's all play fighting - so far.  I've even gone so far as
to leave them all in one cage over night.  There were some squabbles in
the night but everyone survived and they were all in one big pile in the
morning.

Maybe Madeleine Albright could come to Pekin and learn from these ferrets
how to make peace.

Excuse me, I forgot that she has to deal with the dumb animals called
humans.

God Bless you and all your furrfaces.  Give them an extra hug from John in
Pekin, IL