From:
"K. Sherman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Apr 1996 15:43:01 EDT
I don't want to start a flame war with Lars here, but there already is a
strongly visited irc site for chatting about ferrets (Which Lars has
frequented.  And IMHO, I don't think we need to break off into a zillion
channels on a zillion servers.)

There is a group of regulars who use the irc.prospero.com server.  We no
longer use the Ferret Chat Server - some people were reporting extremely
slow response times ( 2 - 3 minutes to update) and it is difficult to have
discussions that aren't truly live.  (You have to click on a chat button to
get new postings to the server.)

So...now we use the irc.prospero.com server and meet in the #ferrets room.
Almost everynight there is someone there around 9 EST and we have a lot of
fun!  You can use the irc software that Lars mentioned, or download the free
Global Chat software if you're a newbie.

Hope to see you there!

Susie