From:
mike j hamm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Feb 2004 10:37:13 -0800
>From:    Sue Savage <[log in to unmask]>
>
>... blackheads on their tails.  My vet suggested using an acne cream
>(instead of the alcohol pads) that has 5% benzoyl peroxide.  I've gone
>to Target, Walgreens, Walmart and Shop-n-Save, and all they have is 10%
>creams... Does anyone know where I can get some 5% cream?  I can't
>believe it's this hard to find!

Our male ferret gets blackheads every year with his coat change.  Our
vet has always given us Pyoben.  It is an antimicrobial keratolytic
follicular flushing shampoo that you apply directly to their tail.  You
can use a fingernail brush and gently scrub the tail and then leave it
on for 5 minutes.  The benzoyl peroxide is 3% and this has always worked
for us.  It is prescription only, so you need to get it from your vet.

Hope this helps,
Sara Hamilton
Spokane, WA.
Leizel's Weasels