From:
Mirthful Mayhem <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Jul 1998 17:17:20 +0100
Hi

I got Angel's pathology (post mortem) report so I thought I let you know.
Got it as I had another one of my animals put to sleep... Life's not fair.

Diagnosis:

Abdominal Carcinosis

Histology:

Liver- diffuse mild, focal moderately severe hydropic/ fatty change.

Abdominal wall/ associated tissue- multiple, mostly solid tumour masses,
replacing the normal peritoneum/ mesentery and showing some ductal
differentiation.  Similar subperitoneal metastases.

Liver- a scattering of tumour miliary metastases.

Lymph node-confirmation of a metastatic carcinoma.

Comment:

Compatible with a pancreatic primary.  Pancreatic carcinomas carry a
very poor prognosis.

Has anybody ever had a ferret with all that?  The pancreas is supposed to
be the organ where the cancer started.  Angel had no signs of insulinoma
and when she had the blood test, the insulin level was okay as well as the
glucose level.  Did she have insulinoma or not because she didn't have any
signs of it?  I find all this very confusing, especially how fast the
cancer went through her body.  I wouldn't wish that on anybody's ferret.

Take care.

Ulrike and the 9 fur kids

--
Missing Angel