Date:
Sun, 12 Oct 2003 16:05:54 EDT
:::Sigh:::

I had some ferrets released to me this afternoon - and I recognized the
names of 2 of the 3 - Stryder and Alluria.  The owners were busted by the
apartment management company (ferrets aren't allowed)and had to release
them.  The couple claimed that they got the ferrets from another person -
who got them from a rescue "in Maryland"..when I asked them the name of
this person, it also rang a bell.

Release forms were filled out and the release fee paid..and then I
started researching.

Sure enough - in December of 1999, I took in 3 ferrets - Stryer, Alluria
and Merlin from their owners...they were tested for ADV and found to be
negative (this is about 2 months after I began testing).  The ferrets
were vaccinated for CDV in December 1999/January 2000 and eventually
were placed November 2000.

Now they are back - Stryder is now 6, Alluria about 5 1/2.  At least I
know that they have some history of CDV shots because I was able to
research into my adoption/release records.  She looks like she may be
adrenal based on the dryness of her coat and just overall coat condition.
They were eating "Blockage in a bag" (which is btw, against my adoption
policy)...

God I hate people. These poor ferrets have been bounced into new homes 5
times already with a hopeful 6th if I can get them placed again.

Lisa Leidig, Head Ferret
Shelter Wench in good standing
The Ferret Haven "By-the-Sea"
http://www.ferrethaven.org