From:
Jacky Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jun 1998 23:54:45 +0100
Well we must be lucky up here in Scotland as most of the illnesses that get
on the newsletter don't seem to get to our ferrets.  I went to get my 8
month female vaccinated and neutered and she was neutered but the vet said
there was no need for vaccinations in this area as I wasn't hunting with her
or showing her.  She has almost stopped nipping now since someone suggested
that I put my finger in her mouth but she still hates my husband!  She is a
bright little girl and when she goes to nip she now looks at me first and
all I have to do is call her name out.  I had several nice flesh wounds.
She lives in a huge wooden crate outside, refuses point blank to use paper
littler and will only use shavings.  They are supposed to be safe and
intended for animals such as bunnies,horses etc and I've tried mixing the
shavings with various types of paper cat litter but the little ******
deliberately goes elsewhere.  She loves the fishtank unfortunately but
doesn't like getting bathed much.  She is a great antidepressant for me
as I'm disabled.