From:
Sheena Staples <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Sep 1995 00:36:35 -0700
    I want to thank all the people who responded to my question about
euthanasia, both privately and publically, especially Dr.  Williams: it's
nice to have a professional opinion that corresponds with my own.  I do
think it is very costly and I am going to speak to him about it when I take
Fang in tommorrow (it will have happened by the time this comes out, so I
will let you know the results).

    It certainly would be easier if I could give Fang the "permission" he
needs to take this step by himself, but Fang has always been a willful
ferret!!  It is very difficult to watch him as he has no "ferret" left in
him...just hindlegs that don't work when he walks anymore and a 24 hour a
day sleeping schedule.  It has been a long, hard decision process but I
think that we have finally come to the conclusion that is best for everyone,
especially him.

  x Thanks again, everyone, for your support and sympathy.  Kelleen, I think
it's about time for that eulogy you wanted to write for TAF.  It was hard to
watch my cat take her last breath too, but it was harder watching her
struggle for every one she took in her last few days of life.

    To the people who have been looking for names, I offer two of my
favourites: Otis and Digby ( I haven't used them yet, so help yourself!) And
to the poster who mentioned their cat BOBO...brother to my own BoBo Kitty,
properly known as IntiBoBo.  We embrace you :)

    (PS the vampire character in Anne Rice's novels is LESTAT, not
LEMONTE...  just for the record <G>)

Sheena Ferrets & Friends Club & Rescue
E-Mail: [log in to unmask] "dedicated to the preservation of the domestic
ferret as a household pet", a no-kill, not-for-profit ferret facility.