From:
Bill Gruber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Mar 2003 00:26:04 EST
[Moderator's note: This was forwarded to me quite a while ago -- I've
been holding it until I had a chance to insert it and until a relatively
light day.  Please see the end of the post for contact information.  BIG]

          Mazuri Ferret Rescue/Shelter Program
                  Purina Mills, LLC
                   St. Louis, MO

THREE WAYS TO "FERRET OUT" THE SAVINGS and make income for your shelter!!
Choose one or choose all.

1. Do you use our 5M08 Mazuri Ferret Diet???

   SAVE 20% on 5M08 Mazuri Ferret Diet in 25 lb. bags

   With the use of a special purchasing number (PE), you will receive 20%
   off the cost of each bag with a minimum purchase of 5 bags.

   Each bag of Mazuri Ferret Diet currently retails for approximately
   $23.00 per bag.  A discount of 20% will save you around $4.00 per bag.

2. SAVE WHEN YOU ADOPT....and help the adopter save....

   When you adopt a ferret, if you will supply us with the name of the
   adopter and the address, we will do two things;

   Send the adopter a packet of information on Mazuri Ferret diet as
   well as a coupon for purchasing the product.  This will help keep
   the ferrets you adopt on an approved ferret diet.

   For every 10 names you send to us, we will send YOU a coupon for
   $3.00 off a bag of Mazuri Ferret Diet.

3. RETAIL the product.

   One of the ways that you can help your rescue/shelter is to sell
   Mazuri Ferret diets.  We will give you a special price on the cost of
   the Mazuri Ferret Diet in 6 lb. jugs.  Sell these to adopters when
   they adopt and make a few bucks for the cause.  Here is what the
   income picture might look like;

   Buy the jugs @ $9.50 each and sell for $13.89 (this is current
   suggested retail)

   You will make $4.39 on each jug.  Even if you wanted to discount the
   jugs, you can still do so and make a profit.  (Sell at $12.50, make
   $3.00, it is up to you)

   This is also a good way for you to keep in contact with those that
   adopt and you will know the ferrets stay on a good diet.

USE THE INCOME FROM THE PROGRAM ANY WAY YOU LIKE; to treat sick ferrets,
provide for routine veterinary care, develop educational programs and
literature, etc.

[Application form follows]

Mazuri Ferret Shelter/Rescue Program
Sign-In Sheet

(note: must be a 501(c)3 non-profit, or State non-profit)
Please be prepared to fax corporate papers to confirm status

Name of Shelter: ____________________________________ Date: _________

Address: ____________________________________________________________

Phone Number:__________________________________________

Director's Name: ____________________________________________________

Person responsible for ordering food:________________________________

E-mail: ____________________________________________________

Website: ___________________________________________________

Would you be willing to link to our website?  Y ____  N ____

Number of Ferrets currently under your care: _______________

Average Length of Stay for a Ferret in your program: _______________

Number of permanent ferret residents are in your shelter: __________

Number of Ferrets You Adopted last calendar year: __________________

Number of Ferrets Currently Available for Adoption: ________________

Do you currently use Mazuri Ferret Diet?  Y ____ N ____
If no, what diet do you currently use?

Why did you choose this diet?

Where do you purchase this diet?

How much do you pay for that product and what size bag?

How much ferret food do you purchase on a monthly basis?

If you use Mazuri Ferret Diets, where do you purchase them?

What Ferret Diet(s) do you recommend to adopters?

As part of the program, a Purina Representative will visit you to make
sure you are all set up and to hook you up with a Purina dealer that can
supply you with product;

Purina
Representative:  ________________________________________________

Purina
Dealer:  ________________________________________________________

Dealer contacted by _____________________________________________
On _____________________________________________

WHEN YOU HAVE FILLED OUT THIS FORM:
PLEASE FAX TO:
KAREN WRIGHT
PURINA MILLS, LLC
(410)827-0382

OR

MAIL TO:
KAREN WRIGHT
PURINA MILLS, LLC
131 WYE ROAD
QUEENSTOWN, MD   21658

Don't forget to attach corporate documents supporting your non-profit
status.  Forms without documentation will not be processed.

QUESTIONS???  Please email Karen Wright at the following address: