From:
Todd Leuthold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 May 2002 22:55:44 -0400
Condolences to those with lost, sick, or angeled secret stash makers...

(This week:  Geraldo will explore the secret stash of Switch [da kit!]!!!)

...dat-temper and de-udder-temper...

Watched a funny example of the hierarchy in my household.  Apparently, I've
been voted 'Alpha Male' when I wasn't lookin'.  I let the 'old folx' out
last night.  This group consists of Add-A-Kiss (female), Ziggy (blind,
deaf, sniff-challenged blaze male), Fuzzer (whom I *thought* was the Alpha
Male!), Hershey (most-decidedly the Zeta male), Stuffy (previously knowns
as 'Sick Little Stuffy-Butt') and Rusti (Also known as 'The Older Angela
Lansberry').

Now, normally, Fuzzer does what he wants, when he wants, to whomever he
wants.  This includes sitting on my foot and not moving when I'm trying to
get somewhere, dragging other ferrets around by the tail, taking snacks
given to other ferrets, etc.

Last night, things were a bit different.  Add-A-Kiss caught a teensy
little field mouse.  She doesn't eat them, but she does eliminate them,
then leaves the little carcasses for the cat to 'dispose of' (as is a
cat's job).  Stuffy, who thinks he is a 'lady's man', decided that
Add-A-Kiss was quite sexy, with that little meece in her mouth and
grabbed her by the neck, trying to drag her under the couch.

At that moment, Fuzzer saw Stuffy and decided that Stuffy needed to be
relocated, so he grabbed Stuffy by the base of the tail, turned around
and started dragging him *and* Add-A-Kiss *and* the meece behind him.  He
dragged the entire mess right to my foot, plopped them all down, put his
front feet on the pile and looked up at me as though to say "Hey!  Here's
those slave you ordered.  Anything else I can get you?"

Not to be left out, Ziggy wobbles up to the pile, climbs to the top and
flumps himself across the rest of them.  Then, just to show she is still
part of the entire group, Rusti waddles up to the pile, sniffs just a bit,
then noses herself into the middle of the pile to the warmest part (hey,
she's an old lady and needs all the warmth she can get!), then begins to
snore.

All of this on my foot.  And *some* of them have sharp little fang points
(I didn't have my shoes on at the time)!!!  Fuzzer finally wiggled out
from under Ziggy and looked up at me, leaving the next move up to me.  As
the song asks: "What did I, what did I, what did I do to deserve this?"

Todd and the (OK, what game do we play next?) Fuzzbutt Rodeo Clowns!
---
mailto:[log in to unmask]
http://www.netconex.com/toddl/page2/