From:
Donna R Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Dec 2001 07:32:18 -0500
Dear FML'er;

Hello everyone.  It seems that the only time I write is to relate a story
of more loss.  And this is no different.

Two weeks ago I received a call from a man to please come and get his
ferrets that he did not have the time to take care of them any longer.
He did not give me any details of names, condition or anything.

I was alittle surprised that he called me, because we moved last January
and he called from my old neighborhood.  My boyfriend was a little
concerned about kme going because this strange man called and did not
give too many details about this rescue.  As it turned out my boyfriend
went with me.

When I got there I found two little gils in a very nasty cage.  The girls
had not been fed or watered for who knows how long.  Both were very this
and very dirty.  The man told me I could take the cage if I wanted to.  I
did not take the cage(it was small and disgustingly dirty.)  Thank goodness
I had the forsight to take a carrier with me.  I put the girls in the
carrier and off we went.

I got the girls home, bathed them, cleaned ears(how nasty, boy were they
filthy), clipped nails and started the girls on warm a/d mixed with TF.  I
did not know when they ate last and was afraid they would not be able to
properly eat and/or digest regular kibble(boy was I wrong.)

Now the very sad part.  I found out(after calling this jerk back)that the
two girls were litter mates, they were less that a year old(8 1/2 months),
and after wathcing them, they were very bonded.  Last week the one little
girls died.  I think from the way she was acting that she could of very
possibly had a hairball(she was eating, but not very much.  And if you
know ferrets you can guess the rest of the story.)  I took her to the
emergency vet and the started surgury on her.  I am very sad to say she
did not make it through the surgery.