From:
Jennifer Hoh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Mar 1997 13:49:00 -0500
It is with great sadness I announce the passing of Miss Schnitzel today.
She was 9.  The first ferret to claim my life as hers, Schnitzel was rescued
from a glass fish tank in a dingy store when she was almost 6 months old.

Although never quite 'right in the head' because of her experience, I loved
her for her stubborness, her curmudgeonly ways, and her sweet kisses.  Her
goals in life were simple: to try and chase every dog she saw up a tree, to
hide every stuffed animal she could find behind the sofa, and to poop in
every corner she came across.  She did a good job accomplishing all of
these, although I think that she was only truly successful in completing the
last... Diagnosed with Insulinoma last Fall, she made her new goal in life
avoiding her twice daily doses of Pediapred, even if they were followed by
Nutrical.

Sadly her tumors continued to grow and this morning she was feeling great
discomfort and telling me she was ready to cross the bridge.  Although I
tried to argue, as with all things in life, she convinced me she was right
and she died peacefully and without pain in my arms this afternoon.  I
buried her in a sunny spot wrapped in her favorite fluffy wool blanket, with
her favorite stuffed squeeky penguin and some nutrical and flowers to keep
her company.

She will be greatly missed.

Jennifer