From:
Dean & Becky DeGeer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Apr 2006 21:24:02 -0400
Sandee, SaraFerret, and Muldoone, please watch for my ferret Kodi (a.k.a.
Kodi-Bear, The Bear, and Mr. Kodiak J. Beartown III), who went to the
Rainbow Bridge this morning to wait for us.

Kodi was the last of our original five ferrets.  He was a dark sable,
who loved chicken baby food, and absolutely ADORED neck-scritchies.  We
found him caged by himself at a pet store, after a 3-month quarantine
for a bite incident.  After learning to trust us, he spent a wonderful
seven years with us, though he slowed down after his insulinoma diagnosis
a year-and-a-half ago.  He had been living with a growing mass in his
abdomen since December, but we got several more months with him than we
expected.

Please make sure he finds the others waiting there: Cinnamon (a petite
chocolate girl), Coke (a sable guy), Pixie (a cute little sable with
white knees), Chitterbox (an enormous silver-mitt boy), and Yozum (a big
chocolate boy).  He should be carrying one of the toys he used to play
with, a Cheweasel-on-a-string, but that wasn't his favorite toy.  His
favorite toy was actually Chitterbox.  You see, after being by himself
in a cage for several months, he had completely forgotten how to play
and wrestle.  Chitterbox taught him, and from then on (until we lost
Chitterbox three years later), they were best buds.  He has never really
bonded with another ferret since then.  In fact, he hated every new
ferret we brought in, and would attack them mercilessly.  He would bite
and drag them, shaking them and banging their heads into the floor and
wall.  We had quite a bit of screaming and flying poop.  (Don't get me
wrong, we never let anyone be endangered, and separated them as soon
as things started to get too rough.) He would only accept a new ferret
after they got either big enough or bold enough to grab him and flip him
on his back.

So when you greet him, watch out.  And please let him know he shouldn't
attack the other ferrets there, especially the smaller ones.  Also,
please make sure he finds the Ferretone Fountain, cuz he would do just
about anything for some 'Tone!  Let him know that Mommy and Daddy miss
him very much, and we'll see them all one day.

Bright Blessings,

Becky and Dean
with Twizzler, Tanner, Tinker, Jasper, and Dervish
Missing Cinnamon, Coke, Pixie, Chitterbox, Kodi-Bear, and Yozum