From:
Millie Sanders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Aug 1998 08:41:57 -0500
Comments regarding what to do about the private owned petstore that kept
the little darlings in such a messy condition they couldn't even drink
water because of its position.

I think it is an excellent idea to approach the owner/manager and explain
the conditions and how it can cause the little tykes to develope a behavior
which will result in the kits not conducting themselves in a good
salesmanship manner.  Most shelters give excellent printed material you
might give them and suggest you and your husband would be happy to set up
a cage for them which would show them off and make em more saleable.

If he is open to these suggests = great, but keep in mind, he may listen
and then prefer to rearrange things his own way, which is good too.  If he
gets angry, shows an indifference then I would suggest referring him to
people who can do something about it.  An additional thing, I would also
write Todd Marshall at MF ([log in to unmask]) and tell him the
condition their kits are being displayed with signs indicating them as the
breeders, that these conditions do not reflect well on MF's name, although
you understand they don't have good control over how they are kept after
they are shipped but if MF would write the store owner a letter advising
they received a complaint and were concerned, it might get the attention
of the store owner.

Its people like you who are the watchdogs out there,who discover these
conditions and are willing to do something about it who will clean up the
industry.  So much of this stuff is out of ignorance than just not caring
on the part of these store owners.  Rule of thumb, most people starting a
business or getting into a certain field are people who have an interest in
it to begin with (excluding some teenagers getting their first job after
school).

Let us know what your results are.

Millie & the cleaning crew
Easy Off:  the most perfect ferret in the whole wide world
Ammonia:  I know, I'll picket her stash of stolen stuff so Grandma will
see what she has done
Cascade:  The Observer:  my hair is falling out in shapes of kisses on
my checks, my neck, on top of my head....
Ajax: yet to come - Mama am I going to have to get in the middle of that