From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 May 1998 00:34:51 PACIFIC
[DC],
Tears filled my eyes, when I read the post concerning the "Un-named Shelter
Dude" who's hopes and dreams of adoption were shattered.

Yesterday you posted:
>This was my story, now its all memories.  For I saw the bridge and ran home
>to a place of peace, love, and no more disappointments.  I crossed the
>bridge to go home to my Maker, tonight.  I am a rejected rescue.

Tears ran down my face, when I learned he had crossed over.  My heart aches,
not even knowing his name, age, health problem that require surgery, all I
could think about was his broken dream.  All I can hope is that between your
two post, he had enough time to dance with friends, was happy and realized
he was truly loved, by you not rejected, for you were his best Mommy.

"Specially Challenged" Ferrets may not be the cutest, smartest, may have
limits, require extra time, efforts and money, but they have as much love to
give, as those that everyone wants.  They deserve the same amount of love
too!  Even if it's just a short time.  If you can, in some manner, share
your love with one of the rejected.  The love you give is never wasted, it
is multiplied and returned.  Life is short, make everyday count for
something or someone.  Find and give joy.

I dearly love my little Thieves, but Claudia, with all her problems, is my
Angel and worth her weight in gold.  I wouldn't sell her for all the teas
in China.  When the time comes, and I hope not to soon, I will gladly do it
again.  They always put a smile on my face, specially Claudia, her small
ferret feats really stand out big.  I can not image life, or want to without
them.

Thank you again [DC] for the love you give, especially the ones who have
been rejected.

Stephanie & My Little Band of Closet Thieves:
Spanky, Sam, Claudia & Scarlett O'Ferret