From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Sep 2009 08:15:28 -0400
JJ asks about the now humongous kits on the web cam:
http://nationalzoo.si.edu/Animals/NorthAmerica/default.cfm?cam=BFF

Normally they would be moved to other facilities around the first of
October, but this year the transfer has been delayed to mid-month. I
don't know if the kits' destination has been determined yet; I should
find out next weekend at the Autumn Conservation Festival.
<http://nationalzoo.si.edu/ActivitiesAndEvents/Celebrations/ACF/default.cfm>

Anyone in the DC, Maryland, Northern Virginia area who wants a lovely
family outing should stop by, meet a black-footed ferret and say
"hello!"

Before Cyan's kits can head out into the wide world, whether it's to
another breeding facility or to the conditioning pens in Colorado
before being released in the wild, they need names!

Like the FML named Peanut last year, we can vote on names with our
donations of any amount. Chose up to 6 names from: Teal, Aqua, Baby,
Powder, Sky, Navy, Marine, Sapphire, Denim, Indigo, Azure, Cobalt and
Turquoise.

It's too late to mail me a check, but you can still send Paypal to me
at [log in to unmask] and note which name(s) you want to vote for.
On Oct 3, I'll give Dr. JoGayle Howard a check for the donations that
came in via Paypal as well as the other checks I received.

Remember, there will also be a drawing among donors for a stuff BFF
toy and lovely 8x10 BFF photos!

Linda