From:
Lynn McIntosh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Oct 1998 08:10:25 +0000
Hi there!

I just got a let the ferret outa the bag.  A group met this (last) evening -
it's midnight thirty, to discuss the new Washington state organization.  It
was really great!  We hung out afterward and talked fuzzies and I met
Charleen Schuster's beautiful eight.  Also fell in love with Michael
McKinley's big Ed (I call him Ed the Swede, though he's really Edwardo -
sp? - and he's a blond HUNK!).  He lay in my lap with his tongue pointing
out and his mouth hanging open, his legs splayed every which way, and a
neck thick as a drum, and hair as light and even and thick as sunlit
buttermilk, and I nearly died.... He's only the second ferret I wish would
turn to a man so I could marry him, though, sorry Ed, Tarzan is a farahead
first, and he's waiting for me at the Rainbow Bridge (and I love you
mega-megatons too, Monty boy!).

Oh yeah, we did some business, too, and everybody won a door prize.  But
I'll let Michael tell you about the business; I'm still dreamin' about the
Swede.

I just wanted to say that I'm jazzed because I've really hankered for a
good ferret club (I am a member of the Oregon Ferret Association, but
that's a ways away and we need something for us WA folk!).  I have good
feelings about this young endeavor.  And, though Michael McKinley was
unanimously elected the *Director*, I'm the boss, cause I hold the purse
strings as "Treasurer" :p....

Some great people from Spokane came all the way over the pass to Issaquah,
and Charleen opened her beautiful home to us all.  It was just really neat.

So, all in all, I'd say it was a really successful first meeting.

Way to go Michael!   And everyone else, too!

Yawn... I haven't eaten a thing all day and somehow I fill completely
full; guess I'm just happy :))))

So there's my sketchy description of the sweet, first, idealistic tip of
the WA State Ferret Org (WaSFA - that's right, isn't it Michael?).... we
may just warm up this ole iceberg of a fuzzy state yet!  :))))

Fuzzy hugs from Lynn and the Sweet Slinky Six

P.S.  I won, as door prize (great idea Michael), a book called "Training
Your Pet Ferret", with some oogly-sounding chapters, such as "Poop Goes the
Weasel", "Don't Sweep the Carpet Problem Under the Rug", "Bonding with your
Buddy" - did that, been there... the Swede!, "Hide and Squeak", and
"Nipping is a No-No".  I'll be sharing it with the Education person (what
was that title?), and friend, Todd Cromwell, who is actually the consumate
pooper trainer (and I'm not, so it's good I won the book; now all I need is
some discipline...).

Also, I think there's still some positions open, folks... and the next
meeting is at Charleen Schuster's, the *Secretary's*, Dec  6, at 2:30
pm.... though Michael McKinley can tell you all about that.  Think I'll go
crack "Poop Goes the Weasel" to carry me over into Dreamland!

Lynn and the Six Slinky Poppers