From:
"Russ S. Hazzon" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jan 1995 14:51:40 -0500
I appreciate all of the responses I have received from everyone, both pro
and con.  After wading through a large number of messages and weighing the
opposing views, I have decided against creating a Ferret Newsgroup.  though
I am still for it, the majority seems to be against the creation of a
newsgroup. Some very valid points were made against it.  Many feel that it
would kill the FML, thus alienating those that do not have access to Usenet
Newsgroups.  Others feel it would leave a wide opening for flame wars and such.

As I stated when I posted the thought of creating the newsgroup, I am for it
but I will represent the majority.  Well the majority has ruled against it.
Let's all put the idea on the backburner for a while and maybe we can toss
the idea around at a later date.  As for now, we should consider ourselves
fortunate to have such a fine mailing list like the FML.  Many people here
spend a tremendous amount of time making the FML a wonderful place to relax
for a while.  Others such as Dr Williams, have turned the FML into a
mini-University for Ferret Science!  And with the welcome of other DVM's
that spend their own time offering advice, such as Dr Weiss, it'll get even
better.

[ Moderators note: It's funny, there are at least a dozen DVM's on the
  FML, some of them *very* respected, but most choose to stay silent.
  I also feel I should thank the silent ones for choosing to read the
  FML feeling that they can learn from it.  And of course, a big "Thank
  You!" to the ones who are able to post as well.  BIG ]

I think a very special thanks should go out to Dr Williams for all he has
done for so many of us.  Without his efforts, the quality of information,
and the timely responses would never have been.

And thanks to all of the others for making the FML such a special and
wonderful place to visit!!!!

...oops!, gotta go.  Scooter just left me a present in the corner of the room!

Regards... Russ Hazzon                [log in to unmask]