From:
Sarah Branham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jul 2000 18:19:24 EDT
Hey everyone.
I took the bab to the vet today.  She scared me to death last night.  She
was breathing through her mouth, and wheezing badly.  I left her at the vet
since I had to go to another appt.  I didn't want to leave her, but the
only other choice was to take her tomorrow.  And I didn't want to wait.
When we got back, (they wouldn't treat her until we were there)  The vet
met us with sad eyes.

The baby had a fever of 106 degress.  The vet said she either has a VERY
bad lung infection/flu, or it is distemper.  MF babies get shots before
they are distributed to the pet stores, right?  What shots are they?  I
can't remember now.  And if I'm correct, aren't they also just kind of a
temporary thing?  Of course, we've only had the baby for a week, she's
still no bigger than the length of my hand.  The vet gave her a shot of
Baytril, a shot of Banamine, and sent us home with some Clavamox drops to
give her twice a day.  I only thought it was a bad cold, she's eating,
drinking, and playing.  (even with her high fever, she was playing when she
was on her way to the vet).  I have to call the pet shop manager to let her
know.  And I've disinfected and soaked her cage floor in hot water.  I fear
for the others.  Max and Moritz seem to be ok.  They go in tomorrow for
their 2nd round of shots.  (along with Ginger of course)  Ginger is the
one I fear the most for.  She's not showing any odd signs, but she's been
sleeping with the baby in her cage.  I've thought of everything I could to
do, if you all have any experience with this, or advice, please, let me
know.  I would also like to ask for your prayers that the baby doesn't
have distemper and gets better soon.

Thanks in advance everyone
-Sarah
P.S. I forgot to mention, the baby has been sick for the past 4 or 5 days.
(We've only had her since the 14th of this month)