Date:
Fri, 3 Jan 2003 08:42:49 -0800
to person through the sinus cavities (airborne) or from oral contact
(transference from a contaminated object) don't take common viruses
for granted , after WW1 almost a million people died from the flu that
was brought back from the warfront and transferred through out the
population.

I wouldn't let my weasels anywhere near the infected site , remember ,
when ferrets catch our colds or flu it hits them very hard.  Infected
ferrets lose weight very fast and without interdiction they will perish.

Please do the following ;

a) keep the cage off the floor
b) wash your hands before handling the ferrets
c) ignore "b" and don't take your ferrets out period
d) liberal use of disinfectant around the infected areas especially things
   like door knobs , toilet facilities, food prep areas and the like

Remember you are dealing with what is called a bio-hazard
good luck ,
weasel