From:
"Karen E. Marsh-Lovvorn" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Aug 1996 08:54:25 -0400
Hi All:
Here in N.C. we have our own Ferret Olympics Event - the 200 meter kitty
pull!  This event is GUARENTEED to create excitement in YOUR household!!!
Interested Ferlympians must be experts in reconnaissance and guerilla
tactics, possess superferret strength, speed, agility, and courage.  Rules:
Find sleeping cat (the more deeply asleep the better - you will only get ONE
CHANCE!).  Sneak up on cat, using FCD (Ferret Cloaking Device, aka the "flat
ferret") while watching carefully for twitchy ears, open eyes, etc.  Get
behind and to one side of cat, and once within range, take a deep breath and
leap onto cat's back, between shoulders.  (Technique is very important
here!) Bite back of cat's neck and attempt to drag cat under couch.
Warning: deafening yowls and hisses may ensue, followed by a wild thrill
ride as cat attempts to escape (5-10 seconds).  Extra points will be given
(1) if you stay on board for more than 10 seconds; (2) if cat gets within
attack range within the next 6 months.  .  .

BTW: Gurgey won the Gold in this one.  Cheyna (kitty) has not been seen for
2 hours.  .  .

>Today I found small holes on my kit's ear.  They're on the lower part of
>external ears.  .  .hole looks like a bag.  Do they have any function or
>reason to be there?  Another owner says his kit has same ear bags(?) too.
>Anyone knows anthing about this?

Of course!  They're to prevent serious injury in incidents of high speed
impact into inanimate objects (walls, chairs, the dog, etc.).  When the
ferret reaches light speed velocity (usually either when you're trying to
catch him to put him up for the night, or when participating in the
200-meter kitty pull) the earbags automatically inflate, preventing damage
to the ferret.  The only problem is that the earbags don't automatically
deflate, so you have to spend a lot of time trying to stuff them back into
the holes.  The ferrets don't like this, but usually a little ferretone on
the belly does the trick.  .  .

Sorry, I couldn't help it!  :-)

Karen & the Gang

Gurgey - "Whooeee, what a RIDE!"
Cheyna (cat)  "Omigod he's loose AGAIN!"
Jenny (cat) "No way, sister! I'm stayin' up HERE!  REAL high!"
Tigger (cat) "Hahahahahahaheehehe"  HE GOT YOU TOO!!!"
The Judges:
Lao Bear "10!"
Puka "9.7"
Ginger "Hmmm, it just MIGHT be worth a try. . ."
Samantha "Zzzzzz. . .huh? Wha. . ."
Geronimo "Uuurahhh! Get me that cat!" Woo, woo, woo!"
Slick "9.2"
Bandit "9.6"
Roscoe "6 point. . .um, what was the question?"
Charlie, Porthos & Alvin (The Three Musky-teers) - "All for one and
let's go for the dog!"
Clyde "9.4"
Jaslow "You make my bones ache!"
Merlin & Bonnie (aka Grandpa & Grandma Fertus) - "You young
uns don't know nuthin' bout cat ridin'.  Why back in our day we
usedta ride them thangs twice a day, up hills, in snowstorms. . ."
Jake & Lady (dogs) - "Outside, we want OUTSIDE - NOW!!!"