From:
Beth Randall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Jan 2012 17:06:57 -0800
Hey folks- i was looking up legality of owning skunks for someone and
I was goign thru all these site- well on one it states:
http://www.bornfreeusa.org/b4a2_exotic_animals_ords.php

"Chicago -- No person shall sell or give to another person, harbor,
or keep wild animals within city limits. "Wild animals" includes but
is not limited to: non-domesticated canines, non-domesticated felines,
bears, bats, non-human primates, squirrels, all fur bearing mammals of
the family Mustelidae, all animals from the family Procyonidae, all
carnivorous mammals from the family Viverridae, dangerous reptiles,
large rodents, etc. "

Well I would take that to mean ferrets are illegal in the city of
Chicago since they are a fur bearing member of the Mustelidae family-

Can anyone let me know if the info is wrong or clarify it -
I'm sure we all dont want some anti-ferret nut getting into office &
deciding to enforce this if that is what it means if it is a law on the
books- which if it is maybe it should be modifed to protect everyone's
fuzzies-

Thanks!
Beth
www.crittercamp.org