From:
Chris Chris Sayne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 1998 23:18:59 -0500
I am new to the mailing list, and have replied to a few questions, now I
have one of my own.

We have had Smokey (a 1.5 year old neutered male) since he was 6 weeks old.
Recently (12-30-97) we decided to get another ferret (it's the math).
Ginger is approximately 4 months old and a spayed female.  Smokey and Ginger
fight constantly.  Most of the time it is Ginger who starts it by tackling
Smokey on his back and then bitting him on the tail or anywhere else she can
reach.  Smokey rarely retaliates but when he does you can usually hear
Ginger cry.  They live in separate cages but someday I would like to put
them in the one larger cage.  How long should this behavior last and is
there anything I can do to speed up the process?

Chris, Scott, Smokey & Ginger