Date:
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 03:09:25 EDT
One of our ferrets is scratching/biting and pulling his hair out in about a
1/4th inch area of his body.  It's to the point where the hair is totally
pulled out showing bare skin, red/blue/black spots on the skin.  We had a
minor problem with fleas and minor it was.  We treated all ferrets with
Advantage for the minor flea problem about two weeks ago.  Am concerned
this problem could/may be early signs of adrenal disease, but am not sure.
The ferret is about three years (was a rescue).  Am treating the area with
neosporin and an old medicine for ouchie wounds from too rough playing.
What do some of you think could be the problem?  Please, email me a
response since I don't receive the FML, just am posting for support.

Thanks

Debbie