From:
Marilyn Ledoux <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 May 2010 11:03:35 -0400
Hi All

Marilyn here at Ledoux Hospice. I have a very low ferret smell here,
and I attribute it to a wonderful recipe for making your own laundry
soap from Florence Love in Georgia.

I mix 1/2 cup Borax with 1/2 cup washing soda, and 1 cup of Fels-Naptha
soap that I have shaved. I found you can buy it already powered from
www.soapsgoneby.com Since I sneeze all through the process, I now order
it all ready shaved.

Then, I hang their wash out to dry on a cloths line, or in the winter
on a rack on the porch in the fresh air. It comes in smelling WONDERFUL
and they love it.

When I wash I use two tablespoons of the mixture, in hot water, per
load, of ferret wash. I change their bedding sometimes daily, I do not
over bath them causing them to produce more oil for their coats. They
are happy and healthy, and eat a diet better than some people.

Thats my plan and I'm sticking to it. It works for me.

Marilyn Ledoux at Ledoux Hospice,
working under Ferretwise