Date:
Mon, 24 Nov 2008 23:21:24 -0500
Katharine,

As we are now posting our personal responses to the FML I will follow
suit. I am sorry you did not understand my personal email to you
outlining what we are doing.

It was a great mistake on my part, I guess, not to post to the FML all
the specifics about the transport. Those who were kind enough to offer
help contacted me OFF the FML and offered. Every question asked was
answered. I disclosed all the info about these kids to every shelter
or transporter offering relief to us.

I fully understand your argument about testing the ferrets BEFORE
transport. HOWEVER, this being the first transport we have done and
following the Ohio rescue efforts I did not feel as though it were
necessary as the receiving shelters have arrangements set in place. In
addition, with the Broward Ferret Rescue housing more than 70 ferrets
at this time and adding to an already lengthy waiting list I thought
it best to move as quickly as possible. Furthermore, as I am sure you
understand as a rescue, the funds to test EVERY ferret are simply not
there.

The SOS was kind enough to offer assistance and with that we are moving
to test all outgoing ferrets for ADV before transport.

Again, thank you for your concern regarding the extreme overcrowding of
this rescue. If you have any further questions OR comments please email
me OFF the FML.

As to my comment referring to you as "one in every group" YES I feel as
though you are attacking me and the Broward Ferret Rescue and this is
not fair.

>Anything less does not reflect well on the people or shelter
>arranging the relocation.

Perhaps if you offered help, instead of attacking the effort, and
emailed me in regard to this I would have shared with you the
information I gave everyone else who asked. I realize I sound harsh but
you have hit a nerve. Would you rather me not bother to help this NO
KILL rescue so things become so bad they have to change that phrase.

WOW I will be ready to receive all the emails in regard to this post,
but I have to say how I feel at this point!!

--
Misty Hosier
Kiki's Corner, Ferret Home