From:
James Edward Lapeyre <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jul 1996 08:39:00 -0400
When travelling by car with our ferrets, we set their cage up in the back
seat (it has to go sideways) and hang their hammock in such a way that it is
serviceable: Winston gets sick travelling unless he can sleep in his
hammock.  Water, food, small litterbox and secure bedding readily available.
Lock 'em up in the cage or carrier if they're prone to running around the
accelerator/brake area (mine like to ride on the rear deck, freaking out
tailgaters).  Make sure they have access to shade and are kept cool.  When
stopping, take them out of the car with you: there are too many socially
degenerate people out there who actually steal ferrets out of cars.  Leashes
are a good idea so you can give 'em a little exercise at rest-stops.  (Gas
station attendants love them for some reason).  Ours love travelling, though
we look like we're going to the moon instead of the next state.

     Peace,
     otter
     "Dook" University