Date:
Sun, 15 Aug 1999 20:31:33 EDT
First off, I want to thank everyone who wrote to me after Madigan died
unexpectedly.  I haven't answered all the mail individually, and I
apologize - but your notes and support mean a great deal.  Thank you all
for caring.  The path report came back on the necropsy - the diagnosis was
"splenic lymphosarcoma" with a brief note stating "Animals with splenic
involvement from lymphosarcoma are often in an advanced state of disease
and may be refractory to chemotherapy." In other words, by the time
symptoms were noticed, it was already too late to treat her.  And her only
symptoms were an enlarged spleen, a diminished appetite, and a slight
slowing down of her usual hyper-speed goofus-ing.

The albino male ferret who was tossed out of a car and then almost dropped
off a 2nd story balcony "to see if he'd land on his feet like a cat" is
doing better.  His skin rash is almost gone, and the "cooties" (ear mite
infestation) are finally vanquished.  His coat is still funny - almost like
pure undercoat, with very little guard hair - but it's soft and getting
thicker.  We've named him after St. Francis of Assissi, since he must have
had a guardian angel looking out for him, but since that's such a formal
name for such a big easy going lug of a boy, it's been shortened to
Frankie.  As soon as his vax's are finished, he'll be available for
adoption.

Other things to write about, but I'll have to catch them later - just one
more thing for now.  BIG - when is the next advertising issue coming out?

Carla Smith  <><
WhyNot? Ferrets
http://www.whynotferrets.com
ICQ:  29478475
member, Rio Grande Domestic Ferret Club, El Paso, TX
"Every pet deserves to be loved, and to have someone cry over them when
they're gone."

[Moderator's note: I'm going through ads now.  Once I have them all cleanly
sorted I will email each advertiser to confirm their ad since it's taken me
*so* long to get them together.  So..  soon, I hope!  BIG]