From:
Sky Wassens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Jul 2008 17:49:26 +1000
Does anyone have any advice on how to deal with Insulinoma and adrenal
in a very old ferret? Little Dude is a bit over 10 years old, 18 months
ago she started having seizers which have stabilised since she was put
on prednisone, in the last year she has lost most of her hair and is
showing fairly classic signs of adrenal disease. She will not eat solid
food or even mushy food, she has strongly resisted all attempts to
feed her duck soup (I gave up trying to force feed her because she was
getting too stressed) and has persisted on lactose free cream/whey
powder/eggs, omega oils and the occasional rolled oat for fibre for
the last 8 months because it is the only thing she will happily eat.
Asides from the occasional seizure she is generally happy and still
ambles around the house for an hour or so everyday.

I read that you can not use chemical adrenal treatments on ferrets
that have insulinoma does any one have any advice on other things I
should be doing?

With thanks Skye