From:
Ferreter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Feb 2006 12:55:54 -0000
"Please contact the charity commission direct to find out who is telling
the truth and do not beleive all the people who make excusses as to why
they can not register, so are you giving money towards a registered
charity or to help with someone's hobby of keeping pets, like Sheila and
her 40 or was it 70 pet ferrets in a small back bedroom somewhere in
Lancashire?"

I've just found this on a web site and it is aimed specifically at me!!!
What I want to know is where this person got their facts from?

Over the past year I have taken in 34 ferrets and rehomed 30 of them, OK
so I know that others have rescued more ferrets than I have but at least
I took them in and cared for them.  I am really intrigued with the small
back bedroom rubbish - the person who typed the above has never, ever
been here so how does he know where my ferrets are kept?  Obviously this
person has no idea what they are talking about.  There was a lot more
rubbish posted on the web site - enough to set nearly every ferret
welfare/rescue/sanctuary in the UK baying for this person's blood.

There are just two ferret rescues in the UK that are registered
charities, and one of those is now seriously considering thinking about
opting out of the registered charity status because of certain items in
the proposed AWB unless the bill differentiates between small and large
charities regarding licensing.

--
Sheila
Bolton Ferret Welfare