From:
Caterina Venturelli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 11:35:58 -0500
Is so recomforting that most of the people in this list understand and
shares the love feelings I have for my ferret and other animals, Amber
couldn't have said better: "...To say that their animals are not their
children is a slap in the face to them....  when one of them passes, it
is like you and I losing our human children...  " For me is not a problem
to love my ferret as much as a human kid, I don't even love him that way
because I can not have a human child, is my choice not to have one and
that does not stops me for giving all my love and care to a creature that
I didn't gave birth but that I love exactly as if I had.  Eventhough is
painfull to be aware of their so short life, is like having a baby that
the doctor already warns you that is not going to survive for more than
7 or 8 years.  So everytime I am so happy with my baby I can't help
thinking that is not going to last as long as I would like, that is the
only difference I can really see with a human child and a fuzzy baby, and
of course the responsability of educating a human being that will have to
take a place in society one day, and in my case I can rotten spoil my
Gigio as much as I want as he will never have to work to live.

No problem with the Rainbow Bridge neither, which for me is the same
place we know as Heaven, I know that if there is something after this
life for us there would be for them too.  So I don't have any problem
being the mother of a ferret and living my role proudly, if somobody
founds it annoying, well, then that somebody is the one that has a
problem.

Best regards,
Caterina and Gigio.