From:
Pyramid Services <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 2000 15:53:32 +0800
Wonderful post by Dr. Erika Matulich.  I believe any work in a meat packing
company would turn me into a veg!

In Australia it is quite common to feed Breakfast and Dinner to the
ferrets.  However, they usually also have a kibble to munch on at their own
will.  Breakfast usually consists of Wheat Bix (like Shredded Wheat) soaked
in milk and sometimes a raw egg yolk.  (I do not do this) Dinner is usually
some form of a mince meat.  The mince meat here is sold at super markets
and pet stores.  It is ground up meat with bone, fat, skin, etc in it.  It
is usually kangaroo, mutton (lamb), chicken and sometimes beef.  You can
also get the mince from a butcher.  My ferrets are fed Iams Kitten all day
(free feed - there is one ferret food here, but I am holding out for TF!),
mince and egg yolk in the am (sometimes a dab of heavy cream if they are
lucky!), and a varient of one of the following at night - mice, chicken
necks, chicken wings, day old chicks, etc.  - all raw.  They also get some
of our cooked left overs (as long as no spices are on it and I don't give
it to the Kookaburras!) fat drippings, fat cuttings, etc.  They are fat
and sassy, healthy and growing like weeds!

Amy Flemming
Flemming Farms
Perth, Western Australia