From:
Sue Dastous <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 May 1996 19:24:43 -0400
Hi all,

>Have any of you got dump truck ferrets?  I've seen Orville dig soil and
>scoop it between his front paws and shuffle backwards, away from his
>'excavation' and leave it there.  Very very cute.

Two years ago, I built an outdoor pen for the ferrets (for supervised play
only).  It was made of wood and chicken wire with no bottom.  One thing the
fuzzies liked to do when they were in there was to dig.  One ferret would be
in the hole digging and flinging dirt out and another one would take the
dirt and spread it over the grass so that it wouldn't fall back into the
hole.  They would take turns, too.  When one of them got tired of digging,
another one would take over.  They dug a nice big hole in the yard and I
couldn't fill it back in easily because they spread the excavated dirt
around.  It's funny how they worked as a team!

Dook to everyone!

Sue and the Fuzzy Four (Sammy, Tequila, Cinnamon and Buddy)