From:
Margaret Zick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Jan 1997 10:31:25 +0000
Hi Everyone,

Just to drive absolutely everyone crazy, I have a new e-mail address.  I now
have an account through the University of Missouri.  I will keep the aol
account also but I am very frustrated with the fact that they keep loosing
mail on me.

Also in the works is a name change.  My divorce is going to be final in a
short time and having no children but the furrbabies, we all took a vote and
decided my maiden name was better than the married version.  So I am
starting to use Merchant instead of Zick and with the divorce it will be my
legal name.

All the ferts are doing great.  Ollie is much better now but completely
spoiled!  I kept him out with Nicky and Pookie while he was recouping, since
he lost his position on the pecking order and was too weak to fight about
it.  But now he has decided that sleeping with Mom is a good thing so of
course he has to stay out now!  ;-) So the house is divided by color, all
the DEW's get special privilages.

Conan the Toebiter is trying to turn into a DEW.  I think he wants the perks
of the color.  He has finally lost some of his baby fat is looking lean and
mean.  And slowing down on the biting!

Stan, the one I almost lost to ece last spring, actually weighs in more than
he did before he got sick.  If you recall, he went from 1080 grams to 610
grams with the ece and is now hitting an even 1100 grams!  I am such a proud
Mom.  And he is as fiesty as ever.

Pookie Bear (White Fang, TJ) and Nicky are doing great too.  Nicky's legs
are getting a good workout being chased around by that little woman.  She is
such a pistol!  When she dances during a game of chase with me, she will
bounce about a foot and a half off the floor.  She loves to give kisses and
follows me everywhere when she is awake.  And I haven't found anything she
doesn't like to eat yet.  I have finally resorted to eating my ice cream
standing up as she is soooo pushy.  If I sit in a chair she will climb up
and put her front feet on the bowl and pull it down so she can get in it.
If I hold up my arm, she just scales it.  And since it takes her less than a
second to get back onto the chair once put off, standing is the easiest
solution.  Man, what we won't do for them.

It is so cold here that even the ferts that like the snow won't go out.  Of
course, we *have* had temps in the minus digit range and wind chills in the
-30 range.  Most of the time, all of us, stay snuggled together to keep
warm.

Mo' Maggie and the Mid Missouri Mob