From:
Judith Gallipeau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 May 1995 10:21:09 CDT
I feel a need to respond to Anon's statement and I quote, "I can't
believe they ignore a very common problem that presents all of these
symptoms and pursue these more arcane possibilities that are proving to
be dead ends." I feel the ruling out of the estrogen source coming from
ovarian/uterine tissue was a road that had to be taken.  Yes it seems
that it has pointed the way to another road (adrenal surgery), but I do
not consider it a dead end.  In both surgeries ovarian/uterine tissue was
found and the adrenals appeared normal.  My surgeon did not feel
comfortable in removing an adrenal when there were no sign of lesions.
Thanks to Dr.  Williams and several people who responded to my post, I
now know that the adrenals can appear normal and still be diseased.
Weezul is scheduled for surgery on 5-30 and the surgeon will examine the
adrenals again and if there is no change he will remove the left adrenal.
The FML is a wonderful source of information and outlet for our joys,
tears and fears.  Because of the FML many ferrets are alive and happy
today that would not be otherwise.  Thanks BIG for doing such a great job
in providing this service to us.  I have reprinted several copies of
Pamela Greene's package on ferret disease's and given them to my vets and
they were very grateful for the information.  It is not that many of the
vets do not want to help, it is just there is so little good information
about ferrets.  When I questioned my surgeon on how many ferrets he has
operated on, he said very few because most people do not want to pay alot
of money to save the animal....very sad.  Please send healing thoughts to
Weezul on Tuesday.
                                  Judith Gallipeau,
                                  Weezul, Teebone, Delilah