From:
Sharon Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jul 2001 10:26:09 EDT
Yeah, I have several tanks and I used to give my ferrets "feeder" goldfish
(raised without medications or chemicals) as treats.  But I quit because
it was messy and kinda grossed me out.

I also have several tanks of fish.  A few of the fish are a bit costly.  I
just make sure that the ferrets can't get to the tanks.  Although once I
forgot to pull out the couch during play time and lost a few guppies while
Snowey did some snorkeling.

All of my ferrets when they first came home were entranced by the tanks.
Now most couldn't care less.  If your fish stays on the table it could
become lunch or it could become the victim of a tip over accident, it
depends on the ferret.  The same goes for any low plants, decorative
waterfountains, and drinks and food!  You gotta put them up high where
the ferrets can't reach them.

Good luck.
Sharon