From:
Erin Larson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2000 22:58:18 -0600
I want to thank all of you on this list because without it I would never
have known what to look for to tell if my fuzzy had a blockage.

Turns out, yesterday I was watching my ferrets in their cage and noticed
one of them acting funny.  Was lethargic, dehydrated, bleary eyed and made
motions/noises like she was going to puke or choke.  I picked her up and
noticed that she was about half her weight.  Just 3 days before she was
just fine.  I noticed that their bed was a little chewed up so I
immediately brought her to the vet.

In order for her to spend the most time on my fuzzy as possible, my vet
didn't do the surgery until 3am!  She stayed up, took her home with her
when she was done to make sure she stabilized.  Today I went to see her and
she didn't want to eat so we're going to start her on our stuff that's KMR,
Ferretvite and baby food.  I get to bring her home tomorrow.  She's got
staples all the way down her body.  Poor thing.  She doesn't like having
her IV because her whole foot is taped up.  Poor baby.  But she's pretty
active.

I knew she would come through, she's a determined fighter.

So now I'm wondering what I should use for a bed.  I'm thinking about just
using a cardboard box with shredded paper/paper towels.  We want to make
sure they have something to curl up in.  Not a real concern about being
warm as I have already mentioned that that room is QUITE warm indeed.

Again, just wanted to thank everyone!  It was a good thing I had brought
her in right away or she wouldn't have been able to operate, as it was she
had to get her more hydrated in order to do it.