From:
Katharine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Aug 2010 13:06:31 -0400
Just a couple of thoughts about things that haven't been mentioned.
Often, these outbreaks occur and it takes a while to find the source.

If the source of the shiga toxins is thought to have come from chicken
purchased at Wal-Mart, I certainly hope that the Wal-Mart Corporation
has been notified. Regardless of the source, I would think the FDA and
the CDC would want to be notified. If the Wal-Mart chicken was the
source, I would think that there would be humans contracting E coli
in the area as well. Have there been any news reports of an E coli
outbreak in that area? I hope some of the "tainted" chicken/soup has
been saved so that it can be analyzed.

Is it possible it came from kibble? If that's a possibility, the same
applies. The manufacturers need to be notified and the kibble tested;
possibly the FDA and CDC as well, or whomever oversees pet food, maybe
the Dept of Agriculture.

Any of the possibly tainted products shouldn't be disposed of in the
nomal trash or drains as it could later be consumed or ingested by
other animals, including wildlife.

Taking these few steps could possibly save many lives.

Katharine
Florida