Date:
Thu, 25 Feb 1999 17:51:55 -0500
hey all..
I just want to say 'thanks' to everyone who responded to my request for
help with my Jake and his 'lymphoma'.  The results came back from the
aspiration of his spleen..  it was negative for cancer, but the vet feels
that he DOES have lymphoma based on his symptoms and the enlarged lymph
nodes seen during ultrasound.

He's on 1.5 ml pred 2x a day, some amoxi, and we are hand feeding him TF
mush with some timmy's tonic mixed in.  Last night, his back legs started
giving out, and he is not eating as much because, (thanks, Troy Lynn!) we
think his stomach is bothering him due to the pred.  He grinds his teeth
horribly after only a few spoonfuls of mush.  The vet said that he could
be in pain because of the inflammation, but when I asked about pred and
ulcers, she apologized to me, realizing that she missed it.  he is on
carafate 3x a day now.  Hopefully he will be in less pain and will eat
more.  We are going to wait a couple of days to do exploratory surgery,
and remove a lymph node for testing to confirm a diagnosis, altho I'll be
darned if I know what I'll do for him if he does have cancer.  At least
we'll know for sure, and I'll go over my options then.  Right now, we are
showering him with love and attention, (that's nothing new, tho).  Again,
thank you Angie, Debbie, Mary, michael, garyh, samantha..  your stories and
suggestions have given me much hope.  You all are the best.

-Celia