From:
BeOzIeCl ArSaSMT <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Mar 2006 09:38:41 -0800
>I am once again asking for your help.  We have another little one
>Dancer Roo, who has taken sick since Thursday march 2nd.  She has been
>projectile vomiting to the point where she is having dry heaves when she
>is finished vomiting she is alittle weak which is understandable.  She
>is loosing weight, however she is still pooping and peeing.

Marie

I'm sure that Sukie has better knowledge of what might be going on than
I do, but I wanted to put in my 2 cents worth from experience with our
Reno.  Last April, our Reno was diagnosed with IBD & Helicobacter through
an exploratory surgery.

Prior to this surgery, he had severe weight loss (down to 1.25 pounds),
projectile vomiting, periodic diarrhea, & lethargy.  Since the surgery
and treatment, his vomiting has stopped, he has regained the weight he
lost, plus a few extra ounces, he has become very active and playful and
no longer has the bouts with diarrhea.

He was feed a diet of Marshall Farms Ferret Food & Path Valley Farms
Ferret Food, along with ferretone, ferretvite, 8&1 Chicken, Banana/Raisin
as his Treats, which most of the time he would only take the Ferretone &
Ferretvite.  X-rays revealed no blockage, tumors or polyps.  After
spending over $1500.00, we had a diagnosis!

After diagnosis was made, he was placed on an antibiotic and
Prednisolone.  He is still on the Pred, which has been reduced to .08ccs
twice a day.

The improvement in his condition has been outstanding, he had been
plagued with both of these conditions since he was an at least an 8 week
old kit, he is now about 3.  His previous owners had tried to get a
correct diagnosis, which hadn't been achieved by the time he came to us
at a year of age.

It's our understanding that IBD cannot be diagnosed without surgery, if
anyone out there has knowledge of another test for IBD, please let us
know as hopefully it would be less invasive than major surgery.