From:
Mustang Charlie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Dec 1996 03:02:45 -0800
In my 50 plus years of life, I have never supported any organization that
can't accept critical observations from outside sources.  It has been my
experience that when said observations results in heated discussions.  that
organization DOES have something they don't want known.

I am not speaking of nasty attacks..just critical observations.

In the case of what we have been subjected to here on the FML, I am only
interested in my continued enlightenment, education, and love of ferrets.
If an organization fails to provide any of the above, or attempts to stifle
the opinions of others outside that organization, then they have not
fulfilled my needs and **won't** get my support.

Joe Wolfe

[Moderator's note: I suspect you're talking about the recent posts about the
AFA.  They've all been via third parties -- I don't know how fair it is to
judge under those circumstances, though perhaps the fact that no "official"
from the AFA has commented directly to the FML is something to think about
as well.  Or, perhaps, the AFA simply didn't feel they were being insulted
in the first place, which would be more the way I view it.  Again, the
discussion has not involved the AFA directly.

Should anyone recognized as an official spokesperson for the AFA wish to
make a statement, fine.  Else, I think we're just wasting time on old
rumours.   BIG]