From:
Joy Lenay Kerin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Dec 2000 10:14:01 -0500
I took in a couple of ferrets, second-time hand me downs, from a girl who
didn't have time to let them out of their cage anymore.  This girl had
these ferrets for about two years and when they did get out, it was only
in her bedroom.  Since I've been away and I will be for another 15 weeks
(I'm in training for a new job and I only come home every other weekend.)
I wasn't in a big rush to find them a new home.  I figured that since one
of the three groups I let out is pretty laid back, they can have fun with
them and if they did ... after fifteen weeks, they would probably just end
of staying anyway.  I didn't "figure in" these ferrets getting depressed.

My husband's been taking care of my seventeen ferrets and these two new
one's ... and although I know that he deserves some applause for this ...
these two ferrets aren't getting the attention they need.  The ferrets,
one male (chocolate about three) and one female (sable mitt about four)
are okay, although they need encouragement eating.  They have been eating
canned a/d food by licking it off of a syringe, finger, spoon etc.  The
male will occassionally eat on his own.  They both need to gain about six
ounces.  About a week ago they spent the night in the hospital because they
were dehydrated.  I thought since now they are "stable" they should find a
new home before this could happen all over again.  If I was home I would
keep them, but since I'm not it's unfair to them.

Their names are Star and Oatmeal "Odie" for short.  They are very sweet
and playful even though they don't feel so well.  I live in Indiana,
Pennsylvania.  Towns close to Indiana, like Butler, Pittsburgh, Altoona,
etc are all "doable".  I will also be making a one day trip to
Mentor/Cleveland Ohio on December 23rd, so that is also not out of the
question.  You can try e-mailing me back, but I can't guarantee that your
e-mail would be read because my husband would have to find time to check
my e-mail ... so I will give you my mom's e-mail and phone numbers.
E-mail: [log in to unmask] and/or [log in to unmask] -
Home #(814) 948-5690, work # (724) 357-4812 - it's her phone and she has
voice mail, so don't worry about calling.

Joy