Date:
Fri, 6 Feb 1998 20:54:37 -0500
My personal feeling about a collar is "Not in my house!".  There was one
evening Bandit had got himself caught up.... Okay the story.  Collars on
always before being let out of the cage.  Bandit and Tess got collared up
and went to be ferrets, I went to cook.  Ferrets are not allowed in the
kitchen and the kitchen is two rooms away from where the incident took
place, cage/dining room is in-between the kitchen and the living room.  My
fianc=E9 was getting out of the shower and needed a towel, towels were just
folded in the living room.  I go in and someone is making weird noises and I
see Tess at the chair looking at me then sticking head under the chair.  I
jumped down to just seeing Bandit breaking loose from the collar.  I don't
know how long the incident took place but I do know Bandit has always been a
very very strong boy, I mean it is really tug-a-sock with him.  We had
vomiting and a lack of eating for the night.  (don't worry my vet was the
first person I called) He was so terrified of the whole incident.  He caught
the hook the one that holds the tags) on the chair while standing, seeing it
was high enough if he was standing, and when he went to move away got
caught.  That is all that I can tell by detective work.  My thinking is what
if he couldn't break loose??  What if Shane wasn't getting out of the
shower???  What if it was Tess she isn't that strong??  What if I couldn't
reach him??  Well that collar is now gone and I don't feel the need to get
anymore.  Now before I get letters of maybe the collar should've been
looser.... I always found the collars laying in there hidey hole after
catching a quiet ferret (no bell noises) at least 3X's during play.

If there is a collar fully safe from this case and has been tested I'm
interested in knowing about because I liked the jingle idea and the just
incase of an escape.

Kisses and hugs to all and to all a ferrety night.

em
:)

Bandit and Tess