Date:
Wed, 1 Apr 1998 12:34:18 -0500
>I was curious if anyone knows how well ferrets will get along with dogs

My dog is part Akita and part Shepherd.  I supervised her interactions and
encouraged her to "be gentle" and things are just fine.  When she got too
rough, the ferret would bite her mouth and (especially for a puppy) that
really taught her to be more careful.  She *loves* chasing the ferrets and
when she catches them (or pulls them down from the couch or chair or
whatever), she'll gently place them on the ground and watch to see where
they run next.  She lightly chews on their heads and backs and the ferrets
will bounce and chirp and jump at the dog's head.  Everyone seems to have a
great time.  Sure gives the dog exercise!

--Barb--