From:
Julie Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Apr 2002 20:58:21 -0600
Hi all,
I'm an owner of a 5 month old male ferret and have tried many methods of
deterring bites.  I've used bitter apple (this works, but I can't have it
on my hands at all times), I've blown in his face, I've given time outs
and I've scruffed & dragged the little tyke but everything seems to make
him *more* excited!  I've heard a quick thump (not too hard) on the nose
is commonly used but I've been trying to avoid that route.  First, I'd
like to know if the thumping really works, if it's really bad and
secondly, what are ways are you guys using as discipline?

Thanks for your time!

Julie